Friday, June 25, 2010

Fucking Pissed With RHB
I've been a RHB account holder since 2001. The only card I have from them is the ATM card. When I got the ATM card, there was no such thing as the current RM 8 annual fee yet, that was implemented a few years later. I don't have another other form of plastic from them.

Last night, hubby checked our mailbox downstairs and there was a registered package for me. I opened it and it was from RHB. Inside was a RHB Cash Connect debit card, with the standard printed mail attached, informing me that I am now a recipient of the RHB debit card. I read through the terms and conditions booklet and found out the annual fee for this spanking new debit card, is RM 20/annually.

I didn't apply for this debit card. I didn't ask for this debit card. I don't need a debit card. I don't want a debit card.

So, this morning I made a phone call to RHB. After punching in several numbers to get through, I managed to talk to a real voice. I told the customer service guy on the other line that I was issued a debit card which I never asked for, and that I want to cancel it.

He then explained that RHB is actually phasing out the current ATM card, a new policy from them, and replacing them with the new debit card (which can also function as an ATM card). He also added that if I choose not to activate it (use it), I can do so, and that they won't bill me the RM 20 annual fee. Now the problem is, I repeated to him, was that if RHB is phasing out the ATM card, wouldn't that mean your customers are forced to switch to the debit card eventually?!? And that would also mean they will be billed higher in terms of annual fee for the debit card?!?

So the customer service fella added that, if I activate the card within a 120 day period from the date of issue, the fee is only RM 15. If the card is activated after, it's RM 20. Either way, it means that RHB is screwing and milking their customer for more money, regardless of when you activate the debit card. He also sweet coated his sentence by adding that only a "selected few" have been issued the new debit card. Only a fucking moron would believe that...! I made a quick check, the RHB Cash Connect debit card was introduced back in 2008.

And he added that it's a directive from Bank Negara, our central bank.

I'm making a check with Bank Negara on this, as I'm seriously not happy with the way the banks in our country work. So bloody unethical of them to simply charge without even informing their customers. They just expect to shove their new policy down your throat, and for you to just swallow it.

GAH! Early morning make me so geram dy...!!!!

3 comments:

WTF it's like the guy just made up stories on the fly

@suanie made me damn bengang summore. there was no such directive at all, it's a mktg ploy. they'r forcing their customers to use the debit card and wanting to charge more in the annual fees!

I have the exact same experience. It is very annoying that these banks are issuing cards in this unrespectful manner. RHB is not the only one; it seems like many CreditCard dept in many banks are doing the same.

Unsuspecting customers like my parents would have been tricked into activating them and paying the extra charges unknowingly.