Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Baked Dory With Cheese & Russet Potatoes
After I posted a picture of the baked dory fillet in my Facebook account, some friends have left me comments and asked if I could share the recipe with them. Of course! Recipes are meant to be shared and enjoyed :D Moreover, my mum was the one who shared this recipe with us. She saw it from some cooking channel on Astro, and asked us to try it. Since she couldn't remember the exact measurement of the ingredients, I estimated everything by myself, ahaks! It's a fool-proof recipe anyway, so no worries!


Ingredients
2 Dory fillets
1 large russet potato (keep the skin on)
Cheese (you can use cheddar or mozzarella. I was using cheddar + monterey)
1 tbps dried parsley (or more, it's up to you)
3 tbps chopped garlic (or more, it's up to you)
4 tbps olive oil
Salt & pepper

Step 1: Place the potato into a pot of salt water, and let it boil for a while. If you prefer your potatoes to be a bit crunchy, don't leave it in the boiling water for too long. Once it's done, bring the potato out and slice it. One large potato can probably give you about 8-9 slices.

Step 2: Preheat the oven to 190ºC for 20mins. Rinse and pat dry dory fillets. Make sure the fillet is as try as possible, because during the baking process, if the fish is not dry enough, your dish might have too much water. Arrange the sliced potatoes in 2 lines, and place the fillets on top of each line. Season the fish with salt and pepper. In another bowl, mix the chopped garlic, herbs and olive oil into a paste, and slather onto the fish. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the fish, and if you like, sprinkle more herbs on top of the cheese, which was what I did, hehehehe! Bake for about 20mins, or until cheese browns. Serves 2 :)

0 comments: