Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pan-fried Prawns in Soy Sauce
Another one of our favourite recipes, thanks to magazine which was featuring and rating selected brands of soy sauce! Flavours, a bi-monthly food and lifestyle magazine published by Star Publications Sdn Bhd, was lying around my parents' house one fine evening several months ago, when I chanced upon it. My mum quickly flipped to one of the pages and showed me the article about soy sauce, and the many brands which were featured.

"The article rated this brand to be the best of the lot!" my mum exclaimed gleefully. I took a quick glance at the article, flipped through the rest of the pages and decided this magazine is pretty informative, and perhaps I should get a copy for myself.

The magazine featured a lot of very interesting (and simple) recipes to try at home. I'm gonna share with you one of our favourite...

Don't you just wanna sink your teeth in them? Hehe!

Ingredients
Medium size prawns, cleaned and deveined (enough for 2 pax), marinated with 1 tps sugar
2-3 tbps soy sauce
2-3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 tbps rice wine
1 tbps brown sugar
1 tps cornflour
Some oil to fry the prawns

In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine and cornflour together and set aside. Heat up oil in a deep pan (or wok) over medium heat. When the oil is hot, fry the prawns until golden prawn and fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside, leaving about 2 tbps of oil in the pan. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the prawns and toss until even. Pour the mixture over the prawns, coating them evenly and toss a few more times. Serves 2.

0 comments: