Friday, August 12, 2011

JTean @ SS2 Mall
To be honest, I've only been to SS2 mall a handful of times. The mall's layout is not exactly appealing, it lacks a strong anchor tenant to attract the crowd, and the choice of F&B outlets is still pretty limited. So when some of my colleagues mentioned that you can now find pork burger in the mall, I was like... "Really? Where and how much?"

The first time I saw JTean's pork burger, was their oblong pork burger, priced at about RM17++. A colleague had helped another colleague to tapau lunch back, and it was that oblong pork burger.

It's not your ordinary pork burger. Instead of using the usual burger bun, it was the mantao bun, the same buns served when you order chilli crabs. The exterior is fried until golden brown, and yet the interior is fluffy and soft. And I was told there's a smaller pork burger version available.

So one fine day (actually it was on Saturday 9th July, BERSIH 2.0 day), hubby and I made our way to JTean for some lunch. My eyes caught sight of the pork burger in the menu, along with many other pork dishes. Pork ribs, pork knuckles, BKT, you name it. We settled for a bowl of pork belly BKT, a portion of curry pork ribs and 2 servings of rice.


JTean curry pork ribs.

The curry pork ribs were awesome. Tender, succulent, full of flavour, and best of all not too spicy. The pork belly BKT was pretty good too, with the soup being quite aromatic and herbal-ish. Needless to say, we left JTean with a happy tummy :)

JTean pork belly BKT.

2 days later, I was back there with my colleagues for lunch. And this time, I ordered the smaller version of the pork burger, RM7.90++ (the oblong pork burger is way too much for me to handle). It doesn't come with the mantao, instead it is served with a normal burger bun and the side of potato wedges.

JTean pork burger.

The pork burger patty was pretty interesting. Tender and juicy, you can catch a hint of herbs in the pork patty. Also, the tangy sauce and onions goes very well with the whole burger experience. If you're looking for a quick bite, this burger should suit you. If you're looking for something more filling, go for the oblong pork burger.

I would go back to JTean and try out some of their other dishes, like the deep fried pork knuckle and the pork ribs *yums*.


0 comments: