Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oli's Japanese Restaurant Take

*Entirely my own opinion.
I love Japanese food. If you're asking me about my top list of favourite food, Japanese food is sitting pretty close to the top. I love Chinese food too, so it's really quite tough between choosing those two you know *greedy*.

And when I say Japanese food, I most certainly do not mean places with the conveyor belts. In my opinion, those places are complete rip-offs. They're crap! They serve you shit! Even my family friend's Japanese boss says convenyor belts are crap!

I'm talking about the real deal. I'm talking about proper Japanese food. I'm talking you sitting down in a Japanese restaurant and actually ordering from a proper menu. Not taking the plates of food which has been sitting on the belt for the past 1 hour.

Shun was no doubt, one of my favourite Japanese restaurant for the time being. Located in Subang Jaya (same row was Domino's pizza and Windmill, next to SDMC), it's authentic settings and ambiance attracts many Japanese patrons everytime. You know what they say, go where the Japanese go. Too bad the establishment is no longer around :( Taking its place now i's Sakura Sakura Hatana, possibly same owner, just with a different signage. However, the menu has a slight change and the yummy Shun Bento is no longer available :(

Rakuzen is one of my favourites too. Quality of the food is well QC-ed, and for the price that you're paying, it's very well worth it. Another Japanese restaurant I love is Hanazen, located at Jaya One.

And if I want to eat cheap but good Japanese food, I head to Hokano @ Uptown, Damansara Utama. Value for money, this place serves some really good Japanese sets that will keep you coming back for more.

And no, I'm not advocating that you have to pay through your noses for good Japanese food. You can get a good spread without having to check into a 5-star hotel. And if you're craving for a good Japanese buffet spread, head over to Mizu @ TTDI (weekends only). Honestly, conveyor belts... are just ripping you off. You want the real deal, get out there and away from conveyor belts.

0 comments: