Friday, February 10, 2012

Egguinox!

Sweaty egg!
The other night, while surfing the Internet and Facebooking, my wall was suddenly bombarded with pictures of people trying to balance raw eggs. Now I've seen this scenario before; Apparently on some days in the year, you can balance a raw egg miraculously. Something about the equinox, when the length of day and night is the same, hence allowing the egg to be positioned up right.

I've never attempting this feat before, so as the Chinese saying goes: Backside itchy nothing to do. Hubby tried balancing the egg on the coffee table, but the egg kept toppling over. Then came my turn, and after a few tries, I successfully balanced the egg :D Actually it wasn't that hard. When I was holding the egg to balance it, somehow I could "feel" the egg, to determine which side was heavier and which side was lighter. I think it's just a matter of finding the right spot to balance the egg on. I have yet to try balancing the egg on another day, would try it one fine day and maybe bust the myth about balancing raw eggs during the equinox hehe!


0 comments: