Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Steamed Garoupa in Soy Sauce Part 2

My sis gave us another garoupa a few months back, and we decided it's high time we cook that bugger. This time I had tweaked the recipe a little and the result was a sweeter tasting soy sauce. Here's the link to the original recipe: http://oliviasy.blogspot.com/2012/01/steamed-garoupa-in-soy-sauce.html

Instead of grinding the rock sugar into powder, I smashed it into smaller pieces and just let them melt in the soy sauce as it was heating up. This time around, the sauce was sweet and savoury. Hubby thought it was a little too sweet, so the next time I make this dish, I'm going to reduce the rock sugar amount a bit (instead of 2 tbps, I'm going to reduce to 1.5 tbps). I was quite happy with the result this time around, the sauce turned out to be quite nice, albeit a little sweet ^.^

Yummy yummy ^.^

0 comments: