Wednesday, March 20, 2013

MyTeksi App on iOS

Tried out this MyTeksi app the other week, and I must say I'm quite impressed by it. 

It was actually raining when I decided to give it a go, and was worried that I might not be able to get a cab (and I couldn't walk out to the nearby bus stop). So I gave this app a shot to see if it could be handy during times of emergencies.

The app is easy to use too. Launch the app, and select your current location, and your destination. Once you select your location, the app will start to track the nearby cabs within your area. Then the bidding process starts (this could take a while as the cab drivers who are hooked to the app via the system respond to your request).

It took a few tries before a cab actually responded, possibly because of the rain as well. When a cab driver finally responded, I could see the name of the driver in the user interface, and even his car number plate. Which kinda gave me a sense of relief as well, that way at least I know a cab is on its way. I could also track the cab's whereabouts and which route he was taking to reach my location.

Screenshot of the MyTeksi app.
The app also shows me as estimate cab fair to the location I keyed in to inquire, so that's helpful to inform give me an estimate how much my fare would cost. Bear in mind there is an additional RM 2 top up, much like you calling the cab operator to call for a cab. Except with this app, you don't have to go through the hassle of calling the operator, and then wondering if the operator will call you back.

This app also allows you to share your ride with your friends or family members, and let them track you in real-time, so there's a sense of security and safety as well.

To download the app for iOS, here's the link: http://bit.ly/133pQHK

To downlod the app for Android, here' the link: http://bit.ly/Lfp51f


0 comments: