Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's September

Time is really zipping by for me this year, can you believe it's September already?!? Where did the time go?!?

Looking back, the year has been one which is full of new experiences and challenges. Last year I made a heavy decision to leave a company I've been with for the last 7 years (read about it here), a decision which came about after a painful and traumatic event. I told myself that I had to find clarity, to find way to get back up after taking such a huge fall.

The year 2013 is to be a time of healing for me, a time to reflect, and a time to just take every day as a new lease of life, with new possibilities. That much I told myself. I couldn't allow myself to sink any further, I had to get back up some how. And I did.

I'm glad I made the decision to take some time off before starting my new job earlier this year. And I'm glad I managed to find a new place with supportive people to be with every day. I'm also glad to have been able to put myself to a test, to a new challenge, to see just how far and how much I can actually achieve. And I have surprised myself, I really have. The road hasn't been easy, but I've managed so far, and with some pretty good results along the way to boot.

Over the last 8 months, I've been working on a project for the company, and it has recently been launched. There's still much to do and much to improve, but what has been completed so far, has also given the organization a new lease in life, and I'm glad to have had the chance to play such a big part in it. Check out the project here.

0 comments: