Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Wrapping up December 2013

2013 has been one exciting year for me, and like everyone else, it's time to wrap up the year and give our thanks to a great year.

I started 2013 with a new job with a new industry, never thought I would take the leap to leave my previous company as I was very much comfortable there. External factors contributed to my leaving, something which I've never revealed in my blog (and only a handful ex-colleagues know the real reason), and I won't bore anyone with the details which led to my parting of Integricity Interactive (now known as VLT KL).

I quit my job, took a whole month of to do stuff for myself, and found a new job to start 2013. I told myself 2013 will be a brand new year for me, with a new job, make new friends, experience and learn new things. I will have a blank canvas, and it's up to me how I want to paint that canvas. I figured starting the new year with a new job will also help lift my spirits up. And it did :)

It's been an exciting and wonderful 2013, and despite starting the year which much sadness and confusion, everything fell into place eventually, and emotionally I'm in a much better place. I'm a lot happier today than I was one year ago, and for this I have to thank my supportive husband and wonderful new friends at BFM 89.9. The crazy lovable folks whom I work with from Mondays to Fridays are the ones who have made me turn my life around and get out of depression. I have learnt a lot from them, and everyday I continue to learn from them.

The year 2013 was also a year I've had some significant "first time" experiences. Hubby and I made our journey to Beijing, China in May. And then in November, we made our way to Japan, a country which we've always wanted to go to. A few weeks later, I went to Phuket on a company trip. So this year alone, I went to 3 countries, a first time for me!

I also had the experience to go dragon boating, had the chance to eat a lot of cakes and cupcakes at work, learn new skills and knowledge, and hug a tiger!

It's been a fantastic year for me, one which I feel very blessed and grateful for. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone (yes, to you too!), and here's to a wonderful 2014!



0 comments: