Saturday, May 24, 2014

Crab Factory, SS2


I'll be honest here, I have not been to the actual restaurant yet, but I did have a taste of what Crab Factory has to offer. A group of my colleagues went over to check the place out, and because they ordered so much, they had to takeaway some of the leftovers and brought them to the office. So a few of us benefited from the free lunch, WIN.

What you see in the picture above is some spicy squid (bottom right), some king crab with mushrooms (bottom left), regular mud crabs with corn cob (top left), and lemon mussels with herbs (top right). All of the above dishes were cooked using Cajun style, gaya Louisiana, which is what Crab Factory's concept is all about. The owner missed Louisiana cooking so much, she brought the cooking style to us. To embrace the Southern American cajun style, yee-har! Whoops, wrong movie.

How is the food? Well considering it's leftovers, beggars can't be choosers, right? Just kidding, the food is pretty decent, although for me, I much prefer my seafood steamed. I mean yes, cajun style is alright and all, but when you deal with fresh seafood, it is such a waste to cook them will all sorts of herbs and spices, than you can taste the real fresh saltiness of the seafood anymore. All that herbs and spices is just too overpowering. Unless of course, your seafood isn't fresh, then you will need all that spices to cover things up.

I'm pretty sure the seafood at Crab Factory is fresh, and cost quite a far bit too. I mean, look at that king crab shell, it's almost the size of the bowl, and that is the biggest bowl I could find in the work place! I was told that if a party of 6 dine there, prepare to cough a few hundred ringgit for your meal, because that's how much it's going to cost you to eat there (not for tight pockets).

As much as I love seafood, it's a little expensive for me, and I can't bring my parents there because my dad will complain until the cows come home at the sight of them cooking seafood cajun style. It goes against his principle of cooking seafood, it's almost sacrilegious hahaha!

0 comments: