Friday, May 23, 2014

Surviving The Flu

Image from Google
Yup, that pretty much sums up my week this week. It all started last Friday evening, my throat started feeling a little scratchy (if that makes any sense to you). So I left the office early and headed home to get some early rest. Popped a couple of vitamin C and went to bed early. Over the weekend, the throat was still feeling scratchy and I was making myself some honey ginger tea to soothe things, and it worked for a while.

Monday I decided to stay home to work, also because the air in the office can get a little stale (happens in most offices, since we spend so much time indoors with the air-conditioning on and windows shut). I was starting to feel better, but by evening a fever had kicked in, and I was burning up. My regular GP only comes in from 8am to 6pm, so I had to tell myself to hang in there for a few more hours. Popped a couple of Panadols and tried to get some sleep, which proved to be quite difficult because my entire body was beginning to ache as well, a cough was building up, and I was sweating buckets.

By morning, hubby drove me to the GP and was prescribed medication and MC, and was advised to stay in bed and get a lot of rest, plus a reminder to take more fluids. I went home, took some plain bread with Milo (my mantra: feed a cold, starve a fever), before taking the meds and plonking myself to bed.

For the next two days, the fever subsided, and I was slowly getting some strength back. The cough was still lingering though, and phlegm had built up, which annoyed the hell out of me. I went back to work on Thursday because I had scheduled a 10AM meeting with a vendor, so I figured it was better I chaired the meeting since I was in charge of the project management. My boss took one look at me and said "Don't push yourself, if you have to go back and get more rest, please do it."

My colleague took one look at me and told me "GO HOME LA!"... So I decided to head home after the 10AM meeting, and continued working from home (had tonnes of emails to clear, zero inbox here I come), which promptly got me another scolding from a colleague when he saw me still online at 3PM.

It's Friday, and I'm feeling a lot better, thought I chose to stay at home to work because I didn't want to spread the germs around, and the office is not a good place to be in when you're not feeling well, simply because the air can be a little stale, and I don't want to make others feel uncomfortable around a sick person. but I at least I got some work done, some work in the progress, so my mind can be at ease and I can rest better without worrying.

1 comments:

Just got my check for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can get taking paid surveys at home...

So I took a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for filling paid surveys to set the record straight.