Sunday, November 9, 2014

Of Broken Bones and Breaking Spirits

It's been almost a month since my last blog post, and I'm guilty of not updating my blog as frequently as I used to. It's been quite a year for me, some rough patches in between, which kinda made me want to just disconnect and reconnect with myself all over again.

The months of this year has been somewhat kind and unkind to me. I've had to deal with my inner demons again, sometimes losing, sometimes winning. It's been a struggle I have to admit, and it won't get any easier at all. I just have to find ways to deal with it better. I'm glad to say that most of the time, after a good cry, I jump right out of it. A small percentage of the time, I wallow in my own misery which I've constructed, and just need to take some time off for myself, have some quiet moment to relish, shut everyone out for a while, and lay low.

The crazy sibling has moved in to my house, and she herself is going through a rather rough patch, and is in need of family right now. I could use another maid and cook in the house HAHAHAHA! Anyway, a couple of weeks back, I had received a phone call during lunch hour that the crazy sibling had suffered an injury during her crossfit challenge, and was admitted to the private medical centre in Manila. During one of the challenges, she had suffered a broken upper right arm (broken humerus bone), and because of the injury, the doctors must conduct surgery on her as soon as possible.

I lost my lunch appetite after that phone call. I called my parents to break the news (they were calm about it as I assured them I will handle things, and the crazy sibling was not alone as her friends were with her, and her estranged husband also flew to Manila as well to make sure things are OK. I had thoughts about flying to Manila as well, but hubby suggested that I stay in KL to help coordinate things (digged up her insurance policy etc and sent necessary documents over).


The surgery took a whopping 6 hours, from the initial 3 hours (which made me worry so much I was in tears a few times). Eventually the crazy sibling was discharged a couple of days later, and I sent my other younger sibling to Manila to bring her home. I could not tell you enough the relief I had the moment they stepped into the car when we picked them up from the airport (yes, now we can laugh about it).

I'm just glad the crazy sibling is OK. She's in high spirits and recovery is going along nicely, although the numbness she is feeling on her right arm is common due to the nature of the injury. She wants to be called Robocop now, so I just layan her lah. 

0 comments: